Getting Acquired vs Selling Your Business
In 2012, Ryan Coon started Rentalutions, a platform to help landlords manage and communicate with their tenants more effectively.
The business showed steady growth, but Coon wasn’t satisfied.
Five years in, Coon rebranded the company to Avail and focused his marketing to target DIY landlords with under ten rental units to manage. The changes proved successful as Coon grew the business to around $7 million in revenue before selling to Realtor.com in 2020 for approximately five times revenue.
In this episode of Built to Sell, you’ll learn how to:
- Articulate your target market to employees and customers.
- Convert free users into paying customers using one surprising method.
- Avoid the most significant mistake founders make when raising money.
- Avoid seller’s regret.
- Facilitate relationships with potential acquirers.
- Position your company to be bought instead of having to sell.
Do you want to increase the value of your business or prepare for a successful exit?
Schedule a time with me to discuss how ExitAdvisor can help.